[OpenSIPS-Users] Removing a VIA line required by Telco.

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Mon Apr 20 21:42:36 CEST 2009

David,

As I understand it, a SIP proxy needs the Via lines to properly route.  It
sounds like in your case you need to move Asterisk (or any B2BUA) forward in
your diagram to be the entity that communicates with your telco.  No Via
lines, no proxy.  A B2BUA, however, by design hides the topology of the
network behind it.  No extra Via lines.  Other SBC-class products do that as
well but probably aren't worth the potential cost.

Or, find a telco that sucks less.  Unfortunately that doesn't sound like a
possibility.

- Jeff