[OpenSIPS-Users] Invoking 'failure_route[X]' when OpenSIPS replies [3456]XX by itself

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Nov 26 16:38:38 CET 2008

Hi, is possible to invoke 'failure_route[X]' after OpenSIPS has sent a
negative reply by itself to the caller? In this case the reply would be sent
to the caller but it would selected as final reply.

Well, I expect this is not possible since 'failure_route' is just invoked when
the final response from downstream (or the best of them) is negative.

What I want is:

---------
route[TO_USER] {

	t_on_failure("TO_USER");

	# some_custom_query...
	if $rc = ... {
		# I decide to reject the call
		# First create the transaction ("failure_route" could have sense)
		t_newtran();
		send_reply("403", "Forbidden sorry");
		exit;
	}

	# do loockup and so...
	t_relay();
}

failure_route[TO_USER] {

	if $fU == "alice" {
		$ru = "sip:voicemail at server";
		append_branch();
	}

}
---------

But this doesn't work, "failure_route" is not called. I understand that the
design doesn't allow this case, would it be possible in other way?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo