[OpenSIPS-Users] strange issues with presence messages

Alex G greekman0000 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 22:39:51 CEST 2008

On occasion, my polycoms seem to lose the presence state of other phones
they are monitoring. It seems to happen randomly and to random phones (some
behind nat some on public ips). There is no pattern to when it happens. My
phones reregister every 60 seconds, so probably that regreg is issuing new
subscribes or refreshing user location which then by defualt starts the
message flow again.

I tried to write some script to xlog and see if the proxy is recieving the
200 OKs from the messages sent and if not log it. I can't seem to catch them
though. I've tried in main route, reply route, branch route, and failute
route. They seem to be nowhere that i am looking. Are those replies
stateless, therefore I cannot access them or something like that?

My suspicion is that some fo the packets are just not getting through and
some session timer on the polycoms expires and then the phone makes that
contact look like its offline.

i think that i saw something in the old openser mailing list about using
presence/blf with polycoms. Something about the 200 OKs getting to the proxy
before the actual message? Whatever it was my head seems to think it might
apply.

Does anyone remember that particular post?

Is anyone else noticing this with their polycom phones?

Alex