[OpenSIPS-Devel] Non-fresh 3.0.4 at FTP (tcp_common.c tries to appeal to 'async' member of struct tcp_connection)

Donat Zenichev donat.zenichev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:44:25 EST 2020

Hi there!

I might noticed non actual version of 3.0.4 stored on FTP here:
https://opensips.org/pub/opensips/3.0.4/

By dowloading opensips-3.0.4.tar.gz (from 17 November) and attempting to
compile it on Ubuntu 18.04 server edition,
I got the problem with a compilation of this file 'net/tcp_common.c' .

A handful of functions (in 'tcp_common.c') are trying to appeal to 'async'
member of struct 'tcp_connection' (the structure is defined in
'tcp_conn_defs.h' header).
A quick check confirmed that the 'async' member of the 'tcp_connection'
structure doesn't exist.

A compilation process ends in lots of rows of such kind:
" error: ‘struct tcp_connection’ has no member named ‘async’ "

By downloading the 3.0.4 from git
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/tree/3.0
which seems to be much more fresh (last commit 19 hours ago),
I noticed the issue doesn't persist, since 'net/tcp_common.c' file
implementer basically doesn't exist here. And the compilation process
succeeds.

Still I might have missed something.
Sorry in advance, if this message will be a waste of time.

Anyway, I hope this find will be helpful for the OpenSIPS team :)

Donat Zenichev