[OpenSIPS-Devel] Location table structure - account_contact_idx

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Oct 9 06:42:04 EDT 2019

On 09.10.2019 12:07, Donat Zenichev wrote:
> Yes 'wait_timout' has its default value of 8 hours. I would try to
> decrease it, but I guess this can lead to more re-connections.
> Am I right?

No, it's quite the opposite.  The longer MySQL tolerates inactive
connections, the less often it will
have to destroy them.  Try setting "wait_timeout" to 10 seconds from the
console and play with it,
you will see what I mean.

On 09.10.2019 12:07, Donat Zenichev wrote:
> Could you please describe a bit,
> why this "the more MySQL ops you will make them do" correlates to this
> "the less reconnects they will have to make" ?
> Does that mean, that the more job usrloc timer jobs do, the less mysql
> re-connections I have?

The MySQL "wait_timeout" only tracks inactive connections (no data sent
by the client).
As soon as the client sends data on the conn, MySQL will reset its timer
to "wait_timeout"for that conn.

If your calls are in the air for 4-5 seconds on a 100 Trying, I suggest
you switch to full DBG logs
and try to understand which MySQL op you're dealing with, and maybe
change the settings for that module.
It cannot be usrloc, since you just switched it to being fully async,
thanks to "write-back" SQL.

Regards,

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer