[OpenSIPS-Devel] Location table structure - account_contact_idx

Donat Zenichev donat.zenichev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 05:07:16 EDT 2019

Liviu, firstly thanks for a quick and elaborate response.

Yes 'wait_timout' has its default value of 8 hours. I would try to decrease
it, but I guess this can lead to more re-connections.
Am I right?

And from what I understood, I should not consider re-connections to mysql
server, as somewhat dangerous?
The point of all of this is, that I was able to catch a case, when call was
up in the air with "100 Trying" response status (for like 4-5 seconds),
meanwhile OpenSIPS was re-connecting to mysql server.

Hm.. perhaps I don't get in a right way of how usrloc timer jobs are
working.
You said that:
"And long-term, the more MySQL ops you will make them do,
as the platform diversifies, the less reconnects they will have to make."

Could you please describe a bit,
why this "the more MySQL ops you will make them do" correlates to this "the
less reconnects they will have to make" ?
Does that mean, that the more job usrloc timer jobs do, the less mysql
re-connections I have?

Thank you and have a nice day!

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:26 AM Liviu Chircu <liviu at opensips.org> wrote:

> Hi Donat!
>
> I can't think of an OpenSIPS setting that would prevent idling
> connections from dropping.
>
> On the MySQL side, I suggest you look at "wait_timeout" [1], although it
> seems to have a
> solid default value of 8 hours.  The longer you keep each connection
> alive, the less reconnects
> you will see in the OpenSIPS logs.
>
> Some info on the errors:  each time it gets triggered, the usrloc timer
> job gets dispatched to
> a random OpenSIPS listener process, which will handle it. Depending on
> whether this worker has
> reused its MySQL connection within the last 8 hours, the worker will
> reconnect or not.
>
> Finally: given that usrloc timer jobs are being run asynchronously, the
> fact that some workers
> reconnect sporadically is harmless.  And long-term, the more MySQL ops
> you will make them do,
> as the platform diversifies, the less reconnects they will have to make.
>
> Best regards,
>
> [1]:
>
> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_wait_timeout
>
> Liviu Chircu
> OpenSIPS Developer
> http://www.opensips-solutions.com
>
> On 09.10.2019 11:07, Donat Zenichev wrote:
> > My question is, if I'd better look at OpenSIPS side, or should I
> > better manage with MySQL server side?

Donat Zenichev