[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] Changes to stop keepalives on unregisters (#366)

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé notifications at github.com
Mon Nov 24 11:15:30 CET 2014

This fix is incorrect and I will revert it. The provided patch "solves" the problem in 2 cases, but fails to do so in others such as when the Contact header has a *.

But most importantly, it breaks when a single user agent registers multiple accounts from the same IP and port. In this case nat_traversal will create a single NAT_Contact structure, and when one of the accounts unregisters we'd stop pinging, even if others are still registered. This problem is known, but it never seemed worth fixing because it would involve keeping track of the registered AoR for NAT_Contact. It can be fixed, but the proposed fix in this PR doesn't do so.

Also, I'd appreciate a heads up (by @-ing me or @danpascu) next time one of the modules we maintain is modified, this PR got merged in 4 days, we happned to be on vacation and this wasn't urgent whatsoever.

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/pull/366#issuecomment-64173566