[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] /tmp/opensips_fifo intermittently disappears (#235)

jalung notifications at github.com
Tue May 20 01:19:24 CEST 2014

I've noticed that problem too, but I think it is caused due to the temp folder clean-up by the OS's cron utilitiy.  Create folder /var/run/opensips/ in an rc.local startup script at boot time and assign ownership to Opensips; put the fifo file there.  The /var/run/ folder also gets cleaned up, but only on shutdown (at least on some systems). A safer place is under /opt/ if you want something more stable.

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/235#issuecomment-43570179