[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] [RFC] An initial attempt of porting rtpproxy-ng module from your twin project to OpenSIPS. (#152)

Andreas Granig notifications at github.com
Thu Mar 6 12:07:50 CET 2014

Speaking with my @sipwise hat on, there will be a name change of at least the mediaproxy-ng back-end part soon, to clear things up for the future. I understand the concerns of AG in regards to name clashing, and we don't like the confusion either. No plans yet for the rtpproxy-ng module name though, because as @rfuchs pointed out, it's really an evolution of the rtpproxy module, and it can be used as rtpproxy drop-in replacement when switching the back-end.

Since only the module part (rtpproxy-ng) is going to be maintained by you guys (we don't use opensips, so there are no plans to support the module for opensips), you can name it however you like.

However, I find it extremely offensive from this community to have a module pulled into your project, then start accusing the author and demanding an apology for the name, after he's kind enough to chime in and provide an explanation for the naming clashes. The media proxy is available as open source on github since nearly two years, and I would have expected some feedback from AG if there were concerns about the name over this period (it's not that the guys at AG don't know who we are and what we do).

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/pull/152#issuecomment-36845295