[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Bugs-3607114 ] Media-Proxy may wrongly close relay ports

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 7 17:41:11 CET 2013

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=3607114&group_id=232389

Initial Comment:
The current implementation of mediaproxy.c has a flag called skip_next_reply in structure ice_candidate_data.

//   - skip_next_reply: flag for knowing the fact that the next reply with SDP must be skipped
//     because it is a reply to a re-INVITE or UPDATE *after* the ICE negotiation

But this flag only ignores the first reply to re-INVITE, and resets to false after the first reply comes.

    } else if (msg->first_line.type == SIP_REPLY) {
        if (ice_data != NULL && ice_data->skip_next_reply) {
            // we don't process replies to ICE negotiation end requests
            // (those containing a=remote-candidates)
            ice_data->skip_next_reply = False;
            return -1;
        }

In 2G or other low speed network, UAS may retransmit SIP reply more than once. Thus media-proxy may still process these replies and wrongly open new ports for relay or even close the ports that are being used. Here is my log for media-proxy in such situation. Is there any idea to fix this bug?

Comment By: yeyingxian (yeyingxian)
Date: 2013-03-07 05:15

Message:
My SIP flow may be a little complex. When callee is offline, my opensips
will forward the call to another application which inform the callee to get
online. And when the callee is online, opensips will tell my application, a
480 reply is generated, and opensips will forward to call to callee in
FAILURE_ROUTE. But I think this flow do not affect media-proxy. The
retransmition of replies of re-INVITE causes media-proxy not to work

Comment By: yeyingxian (yeyingxian)
Date: 2013-03-07 04:59

Message:
Hi saghul,

I uploaded the captured sip messages. The dialog whose call-id is OUxwFrwW
causes this problem. And log.txt is the log of media-proxy and media-relay.
My IP of my Sip Server is 211.154.154.77. Is it enough?

Comment By: saghul (saghul)
Date: 2013-03-07 00:04

Message:
Can you please attach a SIP trace of such a call?