[OpenSIPS-Devel] Please stop retagging versions and releasing new tarballs under the same version number.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Jan 15 16:02:36 CET 2013

Hi Peter,

Indeed, the src tarballs are daily re-generated in order to reflect
changes on SVN - we ended up with this procedure as users are constantly
asking for up 2 date tarballs for installing. And we are not making a
new release for each svn commit :)

Also I understand that you want a stable tarball for the specs.

What should be the solution here ? to have one tarball to reflect the
release time (and not to be updated in time) and another dynamic one for
download purposes ? I'm open to any suggestions :)