[OpenSIPS-Devel] Please stop retagging versions and releasing new tarballs under the same version number.

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 10:53:09 CET 2013

Hello All.

I've just found that there are several different tarballs with what is
called OpenSIPS 1.8.2. Latest one was released in January and contains
all bugfixes (as far as I can see) from a 1.8 branch. This isn't a
good release strategy and really drives maintainers mad. Could you
please stop doing so.

If you need to release some critical bugfixes in a 1.8.x branch then
don't be shy - tag it 1.8.3, 1.8.4, and so on.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.