[OpenSIPS-Devel] intercepting SIP MESSAGEs

J.R. Pauley jrpauley at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:45:16 CET 2012

I have set up a basic opensips server and verified it can pass IM (SIMPLE)
MESSAGEs per RFC3248. What I want to do is intercept incoming IM MESSAGEs
and forward them on to a java based system I am putting together.

1) I was looking for some ideas on the best way to intercept and forward
SIP MESSAGE traffic. Taking a quick look at the opensips source I see some
C source code (such as Action.c) which I can look at. I also see some unix
socket code in there I could use, and also a FIFO. Does anyone have any
basic recommendations on the best way to accomplish this?

2) I don't see any API's to generate outbound SIP MESSAGEs. I guess I can
write my own. Probably this makes sense as opensips is just a SIP proxy so
I guess I should not expect to find any API's to generate SIP elements.

Thanks for any input on item 1 recommendations