[OpenSIPS-Devel] About performance bottleneck in 1.X

dongwflj dongwflj at 163.com
Fri Jul 8 09:13:43 CEST 2011

Hi:
I am not sure if here is the right place to ask, I just read why need 2.0 design page, and as below said:

Theissues that the new design tries to solve are:

I/O blocking (transport, DB, applications)
scaling with the hardware resources (I/O and parallel processing sync is a bottleneck with the current design)
So could anyone share more detail scenario about I/O blocking and parallel processing sync? How much performance downgrade due to these bottleneck in 1.X version?

As my understanding, server have multiple processes to handle parallel incoming messages, the DB operation will block a process's work stream, but how about transport and application as mentioned above, how it can block the work stream?

Best Regards
Ewen