[OpenSIPS-Devel] how dispatcher module provides persistence?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Sep 15 14:33:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

Dispatcher module does not keep any state regarding the distribution.
The fact that "if I use hash over call-id, all messages belonging to the
same call, delivered to the same back-end server" is because all
messages from the same call have the same call-id, and hashing the same
call-id will result in the same destination all the time....without
keeping any state.

Alireza6918 wrote:
> I want to use dispatcher module.
> I read that if I use hash over call-id, all messages belonging to the same
> call, delivered to the same back-end server. I don't know how Opensips does
> this. Does it store some kind of information about each hash or not?
> If it stores information about hashes, is it steel staeless?

OpenSIPS Bootcamp
20 - 24 September 2010, Frankfurt, Germany
www.voice-system.ro