[OpenSIPS-Devel] pkg_malloc question

Alex Massover alex at jajah.com
Sun Mar 21 15:26:16 CET 2010

> Every other module requiring async operations uses another process -
> isn't that enough for what you're trying to do? What kind of
> bottlenecks
> are you experiencing? Solving anything with threads may be quite hard,
> as you're still stuck with the same packet even if you export some
> query
> to the thread - the best you can achieve really is collapsing many IO
> ops into one time period with many threads.
>
> What operations are you trying to optimise?

[Alex] I do radius accounting, and on one hand I need to insure that it's reliable (radiusclient configured to do multiple retries) and on another hand if radius server response is slow it hangs sip processing.

Multiple OpenSIPS processes doesn't solve the problem - it performs worse than single working process (even without blocking radius accounting), at least for me. Maybe because of using dialog and interprocess communication overhead is too big.

The idea is to have a queue of accounting messages and thread pool that takes messages from the queue and sends it to radius server. Nothing blocks in this scenario (until queue is full).

Queue and thread poll really fixes the performance problem for me, but I just realized that pkg_malloc can be a problem :)

--
Best Regards,
Alex Massover

This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.