[OpenSIPS-Devel] Soon you can Blink!

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Mar 10 21:43:08 CET 2010

Hi,

> Running Karmic Koala on my laptop. Discovering why python-xml won't run
> was possible, but it sound's like this package will not have much
> future. Installing python-xml from Lucid repository worked, but I don't
> know whether it would work :p python-xml from lenny for example doesn't
> like python>= 2.6. And so does python-sipsimple - shall I force
> installation, or shall I better install Lenny to a chroot dir?

I see, you are having trouble with python-xcaplib, right? python-xml was
merged with the standard python package in latest Debian, so I guess
same is happening in Ubuntu. You may go ahead without that library.
Thanks for pointing it out, that dependency needs to be updated :)

I'm running python-sipsimple from Debian Squeeze with python 2.5 and
Snow Leopard with python 2.6. If you are finding trouble getting it to
work let us know so it can be fixed.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects