[OpenSIPS-Devel] [ opensips-Patches-3042432 ] [pua] add a "publish" queue to avoid deadlock

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Mon Aug 16 12:45:55 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 10 August 2010, SourceForge.net wrote:
> I will commit my implementation. It is different from the one posted by
> Christophe as I have taken out the second lock completely.
> Unfortunately I still noticed some issues with it and I was not able to
> fix them until now. I am leaving in vacation until Monday and this is why I
> am putting it out now, as a proof of concept. I still need to fix a bug I
> saw in my test, and I will do that next week.

I have tesetd the new implementation and have a few comments and patches. I
post them here, because SF doesn't allow me to attach patches to the ticket.

1) fix for a segfault in build_pending_publ.

2) Add queueing. In your implementation you only keep one extra publish. I'd
prefer that the presence server receives all publishes, so i updated the patch
from csollet to put them in a queue.

3) update_pua still needs to be rewritten to also queue publishes. Now it does
nothing and thus the hash is never cleaned.

--
Greetings,

Alex Hermann