[OpenSIPS-Devel] SDP manipulation functions and dialog callbacks

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Apr 12 11:06:26 CEST 2010

Hi Bogdan and all,

I've been playing a little bit with the strip_sdp function from textops
module. My aim was to completely remove the SDP from a 180 reply, and
the function did the trick.

However, I'm using mediaproxy module with engage_mediaproxy function,
which triggers the SDP mangling functions with dialog callbacks. This
combination led to some unexpected result: the SDP was removed but I
could still see IP and port for the relay chosen by mediaproxy module.

My understanding here is that both functions (strip_adp and
use_media_proxy) act on the original message, so when the mediaproxy
modification function is triggered it will 'see' that the 180 does have
a SDP, even if we called strip_sdp. Am I right here?

Is there any way of dealing with this situation? Thanks in advance!

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects