[OpenSIPS-Devel] Presence and non integrated xcap server. Did somebody managed to get it working?

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Mon May 11 19:10:55 CEST 2009

Hi Genady,

First of all, you say that you are using X-lite for testing, but X-lite
does not have an XCAP storage support. You should upgrade to eyebeam or
bria for this.

However, since the non integrated xcap part has not been much tested
lately, after reading your e-mail I decided to test it a bit. And I
discovered some problems. The ones from Counterpath seem to have changed
some things in the XCAP URL format (I think that they are following OMA
standards instead of IETF).

To make it possible for OpenSIPS to use the same URL format I added two
new parameters in presence_xml module. Here is how you should set them
to have your platform working with eyebeam phones:

modparam("presence_xml", "pres_rules_auid",
"org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules")
modparam("presence_xml", "pres_rules_filename", "pres-rules")

Also I would mention that if you want a change in the xcap document to
be effective more rapidly, you should change the 'query_period'
parameter in 'xcap_client' module to a smaller value.

I can not back port all the changes in 1.5.x branch since I changed the
module interface for an enhancement. Therefore I would suggest you to
upgrade to the svn trunk version at least only for the presence_xml module.

I have another observation for your configuration:  If you want to test
the non integrated xcap behaviour, be careful not to configure openxcap
and opensips to use the same database table for storing xcap documents (
I think that this is exactly the case for your configuration).

Please update and test again and if you have some other problems I will
look into them.

regards,
Anca