[OpenSIPS-Devel] Presence and non integrated xcap server. Did somebody managed to get it working?

genabel genady.belenky at hp.com
Fri May 8 17:20:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get the presence server (opensips 1.5.1) working together with
a non integrated xcap server. Currently I'm using openxcap for the demo
solution, but later I will use a commecial xcap server. In the demo solution
scenario openxcap has it's own database schema and tables and clearly
separated from the opensips data.

The first use case is presence authorization rules related. Getting a
watcher-info notification, the presence server should issue an xcap request
towards the xcap server and use the information for the authorization
decision. I created the corresponding document in openxcap and tested it
with xcapclient.

To make the life easier (tracing), I decided to use HTTP instead of HTTPS in
openxcap.

As a client I'm using X-Lite. Both servers - opensips presence and openxcap
are running on the same virtual machine (Ubuntu).

I have the following setting in my opensips.cfg :

modparam("presence|presence_xml", "db_url",
"mysql://user:password@localhost/opensips")
modparam("presence_xml", "force_active", 0)
modparam("presence_xml", "pidf_manipulation", 1)
modparam("presence_xml", "integrated_xcap_server", 0)
modparam("presence_xml", "xcap_server", "myserver.local:8081")
modparam("presence", "server_address", "sip:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:5060")
modparam("presence", "fallback2db", 1)

My openxcap is configured like that :

[Server]
address = 0.0.0.0
port = 8081
root = http://myserver.local
backend = Database
document_validation = Yes

[Logging]

[Authentication]
type = basic
cleartext_passwords = Yes
default_realm = myserver.local
trusted_peers = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

[TLS]
certificate = tls/server.crt
private_key = tls/server.key

[Database]
authentication_db_uri = mysql://openxcap:openxcap@localhost/openxcap
storage_db_uri = mysql://openxcap:openxcap@localhost/openxcap
subscriber_table = subscriber
xcap_table = xcap

In this configuration I'm getting  "ERROR:xcap_client:send_http_get: Error
[22] while performing curl operation" as far as the presence server is
trying to send an xcap request to openxcap.

I also noticed that even I configured my presence server as a trusted peer
in the openxcap config file, I need to provide the user credentials in case
I want to access this URL in firefox or curl.

Can it be the reason fot the error - missing xcap credentials configuration
or maybe I should use https?
And what is this curl related error message?

I'm wondering if someone got a similar environment runnig. Any debugging
hints will be appreciated.

Hope you can help me,
Best regards,
Genady