[OpenSIPS-Devel] dialog module: dialog not cleaned up when BYE is sent

Herman Bastiaens herman.bastiaens at androme.be
Thu Mar 5 17:01:05 CET 2009

Hi Bogdan,

I'm pretty sure I do a loose_route for the ACK and BYE, but I'm still seeing this error.

I've tested the most basic scenario, starting from an example, and this problem seems to occur when I start using a
record_route_preset("..."). Perhaps the dialog module can't handle this? (just to be clear, the bug is still only
occurring if the call is shut down during the first few seconds after the ACK).

I've attached the script in which I see the error occurring. The IP of my server is 172.17.10.44

> Hi Herman,
>
> And the bell rang! :)
>
> I went over the logs you posted on the forum and I noticed (both script
> and logs) that you are not using loose_route() for sequential requests.
> You do record_route() for the initial INVITE, but no loose_route for
> ACK, BYE. And loose_route() is the function that updates the dialog state.
>
> So, in your case, the dialog does not "see" the ACK and BYE and still
> keeps in the CONFIRMED_NA (not acknowledged) state. This  is way it is
> not removed.
>
> See the default opensips.cfg file to see how to use the loose_route(). I
> beat it will work after that ;)
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Herman Bastiaens wrote:
>> Hi Bodgan,
>>
>> that's what I'm seeing, time and time again. I was hoping this might
>> ring a bell, but from your reply I take that it doesn't :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Herman
>>
>>> Hi Herman,
>>>
>>> just to copy the reply from the forum :) :
>>>
>>> So, let me see if I get it right. With the same configuration, if the
>>> call is longer than 5 secs, everything is ok (dialog is removed when
>>> receiving a BYE). But if the call is shorter than 5 secs, the dialog
>>> is not removed.
>>> Is this what you say?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Bogdan

>>> 270.11.6/1981 - Release Date: 03/03/09 07:25:00

Herman

Herman Bastiaens               Tel:  (+32) 11 30 13 30
ANDROME NV                     Fax:  (+32) 11 30 13 31
Wetenschapspark 4              mailto:hbastiaens at androme.be
B-3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium     http://www.androme.be