[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSIPS-Users] [website] Documentation re-structuring

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Mar 3 18:25:52 CET 2009

Hi Brett,

indeed, the SGML looks very nice when comes to generating docs in other
formats, but in our case it is not practical - we use it only for HTML
docs which will be anyhow replaced by wiki.

So, I think having the master copy in wiki and generate the READMEs (or
others) from wiki should serve the purpose much better.

With the versioning, you have a point there - there are 2 approaches there:
    1) MYSQL like - they keep all docs already sorted by version
    2) php like - there is single entry per function with all
adnotations related to versions.

But I prefer the mysql one as the function behaviour and params may
change - I think it will be more clear to keep them sorted per version.
when generating the pages for a new version, we can place links to the
comments for the previous versions - like backward links :). This is
will be the easiest to maintain as there will be no doc duplicity.

Regarding the comments - this first version for the comment tool does
not support threading or notification, but I can search for some more
advanced comment tool for pmwiki.