[OpenSIPS-Devel] Some ways to crash OpenSIPS with current SVN

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Fri Jul 17 18:00:28 CEST 2009

Dan Pascu wrote:
> Could you, just to rule hardware issues out, run a memory test (using
> memtest86+)?

This afternoon I've been busy googling, testing, researching. I blamed
Hardware, libc/glib... my current "favourite" is libmysqlclient. This
awful piece of software is sooo ***censored***.

I did the following: on the same host (there are different jail-like
partitions based on linux-vserver running on it) I got aware of another
piece of software, segfaulting from time to time in another vServer: a
php-based cronjob.

As it is easier to debug such a script combined with php5-cli we
started to dig deeper and finally tracked the problem down to one
specific bug in libmysqlclient: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=42850

This bug is definitively present in Debian Lenny's mysql client library.
Could this (or a similar) one be the root of all evil, causing me so
many sleepless nights? I'll do some more tests...

Cheers,
Thomas