[OpenSIPS-Devel] Hang due to "no more nonces can be generated"

Thu Dec 4 17:29:49 CET 2008

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu schrieb:
> Hi Inaki,

>> It's sad, but the only """reliable""" and always working solution to
>> mantain a TCP connection through NAT is using short interval (<32 sec)
>> for registration. Am I wrong?
>>
> I have to agree on this - TCP is not as simple as UDP - I mean, to keep
> the connection up, you need cooperation from both parties....
>> PD: please please... implement keep-alive for TCP in OpenSIPS :)
>>
> you mean as the one per UDP ?

just an idea I just had: I think reusing the UDP keep alive mechanism
also on TCP is not a good idea (.e.g. if the TCP connection is lost
...). Maybe it could be possible to mark TCP connections as "keep
alive". Then there would be a dedicated TCP/TLS keepalive process which
loops over all currently opened TCP connections and if it founds a TCP
connection with the "keep-alive" flag it sends CRLF.

just an idea....

klaus