[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSER-Devel] Presence and dialog-info patch + problem

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Fri Aug 29 17:16:06 CEST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Are you now having a working RFC 4235 setup?
Sort of. I use a perl script to send publish via the mi interface. This works,
but is not dialog-stateful. Missed BYE's will result in a BLF keeping lit.

(ofcourse, the presence server removing all subscription data on restart isn't
helping, but that's another bug)

> Regarding the fix - I think we should not only check for any parameter,
> but use this special behavior only if there is explicitly the "sla"
> parameter.
I was a quick hack after looking for a while at weird uri's showing up in the
presentity table. Isn't it also necessary for the "bla" parameter?

> Regarding the pua extension:
>   - What for are you extending pua?
So the mi interface is usable for publishing dialog events.

>   - I saw dialog_process_body definition but it is never used, maybe you
> wanted to use instead of bla_process_body ?
It doesn't matter. The presence server shouldn't care what's inside the body.
Its only job is to distribute the bodies. The bla_process_body worked, so
finally I stuck to it.

Maybe those parts of the patch weren't necessary, but I tried many things to
get sensible presentity uri's before I realised it were the bla specific
hacks also messing with dialog events that caused the failures.

--
Greetings,

Alex Hermann