[WG-IMS] [Blog] HTTP/2 Server Support for Next-Generation Services in OpenSIPS 3.5

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Mar 27 13:52:54 UTC 2024

Hi all,

Quick status update on the IMS work: today we merged the new "http2d"
module on master branch, providing HTTP/2 server-side support in
OpenSIPS.  Here are some resources around it:

Docs: https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.5.x/http2d.html#overview
Blog:
https://blog.opensips.org/2024/03/27/http-2-server-support-for-next-generation-services-in-opensips-3-5/

Any feedback is appreciated.  From our side, the only question for now
is related to "h2c" (HTTP/2 cleartext) support -- whether we should
consider adding it or not.  Because while it may seem useful, major
browser vendors did not reach the same conclusion some years ago, as
Google and Firefox will still not connect via HTTP/2 "h2c" cleartext to
an HTTP/2 server with no TLS support.  Is it the same case for the 5GC?
Any relevant 3GPP doc hints around HTTP/2 usage would be very helpful here.

Liviu Chircu