[OpenSIPS-Users] registrant example

Alexey slackway2me at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 09:16:16 UTC 2024

Hi Bogdan,

sure. My previous message was mostly intended to explain -
what username will contain the request-uri line of the incoming INVITE,
and how to catch such an invite in the script.

It was not about authentication.

Speaking about authentication I totally agree with your advice about
Permissions [1] module.
In my practice we also used Dynamic Routing module (with the logic
'accept invites from IP addresses which are added as gateways of some type'),
and some more complicated scripting with checking the $si [2] with the
logic 'allow incoming invite if the source IP address is among all those
towards which we are registering to using uac_registrant module'.

[1] https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.5.x/permissions.html
[2] https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-CoreVar-3-5#toc79

--
best regards, Alexey