[OpenSIPS-Users] Nathelper vs Nat_traversal

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Sep 23 06:46:47 UTC 2024

Hi,

Yes, the idea was to have them merged. The underlying concept in
nat_traversal is more robust and complex, but it does not cover all the
functionalities as provided by nathelper.

The big advantage of nat_traversal is that it is able to keep track of
non-registering sessions (for NAT pining), like for calls or presence
subscriptions. If you have a 100% registrations driven platform, it will
not make too much of a difference for you.

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
   https://www.siphub.com