[OpenSIPS-Users] rtp_relay_engage() Handling

Podrigal, Aron aronp at guaranteedplus.com
Wed Oct 2 01:12:56 UTC 2024

I was thinking of maybe implementing a way that a callback in function can
set a flag

msg->msg_flags |= FL_TM_CB_ERROR;

// t_fwd.c

/* run the specific callbacks for this transaction */
run_trans_callbacks( TMCB_REQUEST_FWDED, t, request, 0,
       -request->REQ_METHOD);
_tm_branch_index = 0;

if (request->msg_flags & FL_TM_CB_ERROR) {
    return -1;
}

// t_reply.c

if (has_tran_tmcbs(t,TMCB_RESPONSE_FWDED) ) {
    run_trans_callbacks( TMCB_RESPONSE_FWDED, t, t->uas.request,
       relayed_msg, msg_status );
}

if (relayed_msg->msg_flags & FL_TM_CB_ERROR) {
    goto error02;
}

On Tue, Oct 1, 2024 at 3:47 AM Răzvan Crainea <razvan at opensips.org> wrote:

> Hi, Aron!
>
> As Bogdan intuited, there is no way of rejecting the relay if RTPEngine
> did not succeed. Please open a ticket on this, so we can do some
> brainstorming the best way to tackle this.
>
> Best regards,
> Răzvan
>
> On 9/23/24 9:41 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> > Hi Aron,
> >
> > AFAIK, no, but I will let Razvan to update here next week - he knows
> > better. Again, small chances to be able to stop (as everything is done
> > via callbacks), but maybe to brain storm for some ideas.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> >
> > OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
> >    https://www.opensips-solutions.com
> >    https://www.siphub.com
> >
> > On 18.09.2024 04:21, Podrigal, Aron wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I am trying to use rtp_relay_engage(). However, what happens when / if
> >> there was a failure, since the internal method being used is by
> >> hooking into TM with a callback on TMCB_REQUEST_FWDED, even though the
> >> offer / rtpengine was down, the message is being relayed with the
> >> initial SDP.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to stop / cancel the relay if there was an error?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> -
> >> Aron Podrigal

> Răzvan Crainea