[OpenSIPS-Users] RTPENGINE flag (substitute)

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Tue Oct 1 09:13:16 UTC 2024

Hi, Alain!

I don't think there is a flag that can be passed to rtpengine to change
this, mostly because I don't think there is much RTPEngine can do to
"support" the change - if it receives the 16'th DTMF, what should it do,
just drop it? But if you want/need a correct answer, you should be
asking on the RTPengine group.
If, however, you don't really care about handling the RTP correctly, you
just want to amend the SDP, you should call rtpengine_offer/answer with
a variable to return the SDP in, and textually substitute the fmtp, then
replace the body manually, for example:

rtpproxy_offer(,,,,,$var(body));
$var(body) = $(var(body){re.subst,/a=fmtp:96 0-16/a=fmtp:96 0-15/g});
remove_body_part("application/sdp");
add_body_part($var(body), "application/sdp");

Do note that this was only written out of my head, not tested :).

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 9/17/24 7:03 PM, Alain Bieuzent wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I know I'm not on an rtpengine support group, but the atmosphere is
> nicer here ;)
>
> is that someone could give me the correct syntax of the flag to give to
> rtpengine to convert:
>
> from : a=fmtp:96 0-16 to a=fmtp:96 0-15.
>
> The rtpengine documentation is not clear about the substitute function
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Alain

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer