[OpenSIPS-Users] Transcode DTMF specific telephone-event

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Tue Oct 1 08:57:25 UTC 2024

Hi, Vinayak!

OpenSIPS does not do transcoding, RTPEngine does it, OpenSIPS simply
passes in SDP whatever RTPengine was instructed to do.
If I understand your question, you want want to keep the two DTMF codecs
on the offering side, but offer a new one (101) on the other side. I've
never done this, but what I would try is to first mask the offered
codecs, and transcode the one I want. This would result in the following
parameters:

rtpengine_offer("codec-mask-telephone-event/8000
codec-mask-telephone-event/16000 transcode-telephone-event/8000");

Posting the inbound and outbound SDPs might be helpful in case this does
not work. But again, I am no expert in trans-coding and/or RTPengine,
this is just what I would try myself.

Best regards,
Răzvan

Răzvan Crainea