[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips not failing over on 500.

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Wed May 29 14:30:14 UTC 2024

Yes, the default behavior of failure_route is to revert the received reply back upstream [1]. If failover is desired a new branch must be created by some action in the failure_route. I don’t use load_balancer but I believe for that module this would be the lb_next function [2].

[1] - https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-Routes-3-5#toc3
[2] - https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.5.x/load_balancer.html#func_lb_next

Ben Newlin