[OpenSIPS-Users] Getting the $rb or media port for egress message.

Matthew Schumacher schu at schu.net
Tue Mar 26 21:17:01 UTC 2024

Hello,

I'm trying to log the media port for another system and using this code
to grab the m line out of an SDP header:

   if (has_body("application/sdp")){
     rtpengine_offer();
     $var(mline) = $(rb{sdp.line,m,0});
     xlog("TEST $var(mline)\n");
   }

The problem is that it only sees the ports for ingress SDP messages and
not egress SDP messages.  What can I do to grab the SDP messages leaving
opensips?

I want to take this data and inject a firewall rule that allows the
media and remove it later because NAT helpers don't work on TLS traffic,
my system already knows what port to expect, and I don't like having a
huge pile of UDP ports allowed through.

Honestly, I'm not sure why the kernel mode forwarding in rtpengine
doesn't also allow traffic based on ports we are expecting to see
traffic from.... that's what I thought it did at first until I realized
that it's only forwarding the RTP packet through the kernel faster
without needing userspace.

Thanks,
Matt