[OpenSIPS-Users] $DLG_lifetime but in ms

trevor at webon.co.za trevor at webon.co.za
Tue Jan 23 21:01:38 UTC 2024

On Tue, 2024-01-23 at 19:59 +0000, Ben Newlin wrote:

> A few people have mentioned this but I haven’t seen a response. Why
> do you have to do this conversion in the script? The call duration in
> ms is already included by default in every CDR. We are only talking
> about rounding here, why wouldn’t your rating application do that for
> you? That’s much less complex than adding an entirely new field just
> so OpenSIPS can do the rounding.
>

> Ben Newlin

Hi Benlin,

Yes if you are rating out of opensips the ms_duration field and
duration is already rounded for my liking, But I am not wanting to
build an external billing engine, I want to use Rate cacher (meant to
do simple billing inside opensips) thus need access to accurate time of
dialogue.

Regards
Trevor Steyn