[OpenSIPS-Users] stir_shaken date header discrepancy

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Feb 28 18:12:35 UTC 2024

Hi James,

On 20.02.2024 16:06, James Seer wrote:

> I am already running the last version of OpenSIPS.
> opensips -V
> version: opensips 3.4.3 (x86_64/linux)
> deb https://apt.opensips.org bookworm 3.4-releases'

Strange, so indeed you have the Date fix, so it should correctly detect
timestamps "in the future".

So, the only explanation for the check still passing seems to revolve
around us assuming a different *server time* than what OpenSIPS actually
reads.

Some ideas to gather more info on the problem:

* first of all, check for any "silly" reasons for the error such as, but
not limited to:
   - upgrading the OpenSIPS package to 3.4.2+, but forgetting to restart
the instance, which is still running 3.4.1
   - an extra line somewhere "lower" in the config file by mistake,
resembling modparam("stir_shaken", "verify_date_freshness", 7200) or similar
* double-check for any unwanted "TZ" environment variable being set as
OpenSIPS starts (ideally, this var is not set)
* double-check the system's timezone is really CET, using:

$ date +%s # to match what UNIX timestamp OpenSIPS is pulling from the
OS as well
$ cat /etc/timezone

Finally, if you still can't get it to reject that Date header, please
open up a bug report on GitHub with some examples on and I'll take a
closer look.

Best regards,

Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu  |www.opensips-solutions.com