[OpenSIPS-Users] IMS Authentication Scheme

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Mon Feb 12 08:55:11 UTC 2024

Hello, Everyone!

According to the latest ETSI specifications [1], IMS supports the
following authentication schemes:
* Digest-AKAv1-MD5 / Digest-AKAv2-SHA-256
* SIP Digest
* NASS-Bundled
* Early-IMS-Security

We already support SIP Digest, and as far as I know the most widely used
one is the AKAv1 authentication, thus this is our main focus now.
However, I was wondering whether the other ones are still in use (i.e.
phones still supports them), or they have been completely dropped,
either by phones, either by the OS they are running on. We were
basically trying to figure out whether we should be focusing on
implementing them as well, or they have been somehow obsoleted and
nowadays most of the phones do support AKA/SIP Digest.

[1]
https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/129200_129299/129229/17.02.00_60/ts_129229v170200p.pdf

Looking forward for your feedback!

--