[OpenSIPS-Users] Implementation of RFC 8599

Volkan Oransoy voransoy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 08:49:50 UTC 2024

Hi all,

I am working on implementing RFC 8599 and have an architectural question. I followed the blog post https://blog.opensips.org/2020/06/03/sip-push-notification-with-opensips-3-1-lts-rfc-8599-supportpart-ii/ and it works. Based on the rfc and the implementation of Opensips, the UA should have a valid registration throughout the process. When a lookup performed, opensips finds the pn-enabled record, triggers the PN and after a re-registration of the UA, it proxies the call. This process works without an issue. But when we kill the UA on the client device (the client is connected via WSS), after the registration expires, the call can't be proxied since there is no registration.
I want to wake up the UA even if there is no registration on the proxy and suspend the call until the UA registers to the system. Should I handle this scenario with a custom setup? How do you handle this scenario on your setups? Or do I misinterpret the rfc?

Thanks

Volkan