[OpenSIPS-Users] external applications

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Fri Apr 5 14:06:52 UTC 2024

If you are executing that as the first command in the main route block the dialog will not have been created yet. The $DLG_status variable is only valid after the dialog has been created either by a call to create_dialog or by using another module that requires and auto-creates a dialog.

Additionally, $DLG_status is documented to only be available for sequential requests, and only after calling loose_route (or match_dialog or topology_hiding_match, I believe).

https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.4.x/dialog.html#pv_DLG_status
https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.4.x/dialog.html#func_create_dialog

I still don’t understand why you need some event to capture the start of the call. Even if you are not creating the dialog directly, your routing script has to have some sort of logic that is specific to a new call. Whatever you are trying to “capture” can be captured there.

If you cannot identify the path a new call will take through your script, I don’t think anyone here will be able to help you much, at least not without the entire script.

Ben Newlin