[OpenSIPS-Users] Trncated SIP header .

Sasmita Panda spanda at 3clogic.com
Tue Apr 2 11:18:31 UTC 2024

I am using opensips 3.2  . I have added a custom header in the sip requests
like REGISTER and INVITE called X-Tag .

This tag (X-Tag header) has a large number of key value pairs that get
printed in the logs . Around 50 key value pair strings . I am not able to
port the data here as that makes my message very large and that gets
rejected before posting in the group .

In the wireshark trace in the server the header value gets truncated and
also in the DB attr column shows the truncated value . Is this because the
attr column size is ( string of 255 ) . If so then can I increase this
value or is there any restriction by opensips ?

Even if the data is not showing in the DB , is opensips able to save the
entire data and process that during the call ?

*Thanks & Regards*
*Sasmita Panda*
*Senior Network Testing and Software Engineer*
*3CLogic , ph:07827611765*