[OpenSIPS-Users] rtpengine and multiple instances

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Fri Oct 6 11:13:29 UTC 2023

Hi, Olle!

Yes, the offer&answer should be taken by one single node. How it
internally works is we compute a hash of the callid of the call and
based on that hash, and we consider that hash a random value to pick one
available server. This means that as long as the available list does not
change, the same server will be always picked.
If however the list changes, even the order of the elements in the list
change, a different node might get chosen. This has been fixed in
OpenSIPS 3.2 by the rtp_relay module[1].

Setting a 0 weight for a node will do what you said - will be used only
in case all the other non-0 weighted nodes were tried. All you need to
do is to provision in the database, or in the script, the weights.

[1] https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/rtp_relay.html

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer / SIPhub CTO