[OpenSIPS-Users] [WG-IMS] Scope of IMS in OpenSIPS - RFC

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Nov 29 15:38:13 UTC 2023

Hi Giovanni,

Thanks for the feedback here, a valuable one as usual :).

On the HSS, what you are saying aligns with the my own thoughts - that
its functioning logic is somehow outside the our scope here, but we need
to pay attention to the interfacing (DIAMETER or HTTP2.0).

Now, on the AS side - as I understand, it holds whatever custom logic
the operator may have in routing and proving services (included VAS's).
So to say, I see it as a highly programmable component. And if so, what
we need to provide here is probably a very high level interface / API to
allow call manipulation in a very abstract way... :-/ ??

Best Regards,

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
   https://www.siphub.com