[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips and rtpengine_play_media not absorbing ACK

Kevin Kennedy kennedy4260 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 23:32:02 UTC 2023

I am trying to build a solution where Opensips 3.2+ with RTPengine acts as
a UAC, answers a call with 200OK, plays media from file, and will terminate
the call right after playing announcement.

Opensips is responding with 200OK with SDP body and making the
correct changes for the IP, but when the ACK comes back from the UAS,
Opensips doesn't seem to absorb it and retransmits the 200OK.

Code snippet handling this scenario

        rtpengine_manage("from-tag=$ft replace-session-connection
trust-address replace-origin codec-strip-g729",,$var(body));
        append_to_reply("Contact: <sip:$socket_out>\r\n");
        append_to_reply("Content-Type: application/sdp\r\n");
        t_reply_with_body(200, "OK", $var(body));
        rtpengine_play_media("from-tag=$ft
file=/etc/rtpengine/unk_num.wav");
        sleep(10);
        rtpengine_delete("from-tag=$ft");
        #t_reply(603, "Decline");
        exit();

What do I need to add to handle this scenario correctly?

Note:  I was able to get this to work with Early Media (183
reply_with_body, and send t_reply(603, "Decline")), but we have customers
using late media invite as well, so the Early Media option wouldn't work in
that case.

Thank you.

Kevin Kennedy