[OpenSIPS-Users] Detailed example of using openSIPS as a pass-through proxy...

Micah Quinn micah.quinn at sipiq.com
Thu Jul 27 22:47:39 UTC 2023

Hello all,

I'm in need of some helpful pointers, and if possible, details with the following scenario:

First, my use case; we host multiple customer FreePBX instances across our cloud system. Currently our customers access their PBX via VPN. Recently we've had requests that would require us to provide more direct access to the PBX from the Internet and using a VPN is not an option. This includes devices that don't support VPN, softphone's on systems that can't have a VPN client installed on them, etc.

To solve this, I believe the correct solution is to provide a SIP proxy  on the edge of our network with the following capabilities:

  *   Multi-domain
  *   TLS/SRTP

Please let me know if this is not the correct solution for the aforementioned problem.

I followed the tutorial located here (https://fatiherikci.com/en/opensips-installation/) and, with a few other resources, managed to get an instance of openSIPS with the control panel running. However, I'm now at a loss for how to write a script that acts as a pass-thru proxy. By pass-thru, I mean all messages including auth/registration going through to the backend PBX.

For some further context, I've also installed DSIProuter (Kamailio/RTPengine/Web UI) that has the ability to "pass-thru" request to an endpoint based on the domain. It partially worked, but there is an ongoing NATing issue that I've been unable to resolve. I'm experimenting with openSIPS to see if it can provide the solution.

My end goal is for our operations team to be able to on-board new customers by simply adding new domains and endpoints using the control panel.

Thanks in advance for any help.
[https://fatiherikci.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/opensips.png]<https://fatiherikci.com/en/opensips-installation/>
openSIPS Installation Steps - Fatih Erikci Personal Website<https://fatiherikci.com/en/opensips-installation/>
openSIPS installation steps, installation of openSIPS and GUI on Linux (Debian), openSIPS SIP Server, SBC, VoIP, PBX, IMS
fatiherikci.com
