[OpenSIPS-Users] uac_replace_from in CANCEL

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Dec 20 13:31:02 UTC 2023

Hi Jason,

In transactional stateful SIP, the CANCEL requests are hop by hop - each
hop in the path is generating its own CANCEL requests to the next hop,
which consumes it; there is no actual relaying of the CANCELs. So, the
replacing (which works in relaying mode only) doesn't fit here.

Even more, the RFC3261 gives a rigorous way for building the CANCEL
requests, they are to be built 100% based on the INVITE request only
(nothing more). OpenSIPS internally builds the CANCEL in accordance to
the corresponding INVITE, so you should not need any such changes.

May you detail why you think you need this FROM replacement?

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
   https://www.siphub.com