[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips and NAT

rvg at rvgeerligs.nl rvg at rvgeerligs.nl
Fri Dec 15 19:38:57 UTC 2023

Hi

I use opensips 3.4 and I have NAT problems with 2 devices behind the same NAT (called party hears nothing).
The A party is softphone on iPhone (linphone) the B (called)party is Polycom310. The other way around works (Polycom calls linphone).

Actually I tested this in two different NAT locations.
The first location repeatedly works. The second location gives the problem. Both locations have changing public IP addresses and DHCP on 192.168 network.
Both locations have one FX number assigned to them. No SIP ALG active.

I use nat_uac_test(diff-ip-src-contact).

There is a table:
1.5.5.  nat_uac_test(flags)
Tries to guess if client's request originated behind a nat. The parameter determines what heuristics is used.

Meaning of the flags (string) parameter is as follows:

private-contact - (old 1 flag) Contact header field is searched for occurrence of RFC1918 / RFC6598 addresses.

diff-ip-src-via - (old 2 flag) the "received" test is used: address in Via is compared against source IP address of signaling

private-via - (old 4 flag) Top Most VIA is searched for occurrence of RFC1918 / RFC6598 addresses

private-sdp - (old 8 flag) SDP is searched for occurrence of RFC1918 / RFC6598 addresses

diff-port-src-via - (old 16 flag) test if the source port is different from the port in Via

diff-ip-src-contact - (old 32 flag) address in Contact is compared against source IP address of signaling. <<<<

diff-port-src-contact - (old 64 flag) Port in Contact is compared against source port of signaling <<<<

carrier-grade-nat - (old 128 flag) also include RFC 6333 addresses in the checks for ct, via and sdp flags.

A CSV of the above flags can be provided, the test returns true if any of the tests identified a NAT.

Currently I use old flag 32.

I read that using the equivalent of 19 might help but I dont see that in the table.

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Ronald Geerligs