[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS timers

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Apr 1 13:48:08 UTC 2022

Hi Ovidiu,

Originally you mentioned tm-utimer, now tm-timer....which one is ? As it
is very important.

When increasing the timer_partitions, what you mean by "instability" of
the system?

Yes, in the reactor, the UDP workers may handle timer jobs also beside
the UDP traffic. While the timer procs are 100% dedicated to the timer
jobs only. So yes, if the workers are idle, they can act as any timer
procs also.

Increasing the TM_TABLE_ENTRIES should not impact too much, at the
performance over the timer lists (in TM) has nothing to do with the size
of the hash table.

I will check the mentioned ticket, but if what you are saying is true on
the HP malloc, it means the bottle neck is actually in the ops on the
shared memory.

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS eBootcamp 23rd May - 3rd June 2022
   https://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_eBootcamp_2022/