[OpenSIPS-Users] redirect an already-established call to another host?

Kingsley Tart kingsley at dns99.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 09:31:13 EST 2021

Hi,

Is it possible to redirect a call to another endpoint if the call and
media path has already been established?

We have a number of Asterisk boxes and have OpenSIPS forwarding calls
to these using load balancing logic.

One of the services these Asterisk boxes perform is conference calls,
so all callers to a particular conference need to go to the same
Asterisk box.

The issue is that we cannot determine the conference by the number
called. The user calls, gets connected to Asterisk and then uses DTMF
to enter a conference number. It is only then that we know which
conference it is.

Currently, the Asterisk box then has to check a central database to see
whether that conference has any other participants and if so which
Asterisk box is hosting it. If on a different box, Asterisk has to make
a SIP call to the box where the conference is, so the user's call is
going through two Asterisk boxes by this point.

It would be nice if there was a clean way for the Asterisk box to tell
OpenSIPS which asterisk box to go to, and then have OpenSIPS forward
the call there instead.

Is this possible?

Cheers,
Kingsley.