[OpenSIPS-Users] interaction between fix_nated_contact(), topology_hiding() and serial forking

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Oct 28 17:27:12 EST 2020

Hi!

On 28.10.2020 18:49, Jeff Pyle wrote:
> First, I lose the updated Contact from fix_nated_contact() after a
> serial fork.  Is this expected?
I would assume the `fix_nated_contact()` lump changes get backed up into
shared memory, then made available during the failure_route. Anything
else and IMHO it looks like a bug.  Opinions welcome.

> Second, I've determined that if the Contact URI is not wrapped in <>,
> that's when I get the "second attempt to change URI Contact" error
> when running fix_nated_contact() in the branch_route[]. This feels
> like a bug.

This one is a known, documented issue.  Long story short: you should
always call fix_nated_contact() _before_ topology_hiding().  See this
truth table for more info [1].

[1]: https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/2172

--
Liviu Chircu