[OpenSIPS-Users] can't get is_contact_registered() to return true

Jeff Pyle jeff at ugnd.org
Thu Oct 8 14:18:54 EST 2020

Yes.  I want to compare everything I can between the INVITE I've just
received and the registration I authenticated previously to make sure
everything that is supposed to match does match.  I'd love to compare
User-Agent as well, for example, but it doesn't appear there's a way to
access that on lookup().  This use case may or may not be enough to
actually code it -- I'll happily defer that decision to you and the team!

Here's some context of how I use this.  In my case, I increment a memcache
counter with a relatively short TTL upon preauth failure, and after
*x* failures
in *y* seconds, I set a distinct memcache key with a relatively long TTL
that matches the source IP.  The presence of that key is checked early in
the script to ignore traffic from blacklisted source IP addresses.

Here's to 3.2!

- Jeff